Thursday 24 January 2013

Help For Heroes

Last year I did a really fun event at Cineworld in Brighton. I had to draw Robots at a stand in the Foyer as part of Cineworld's launch of the "Avengers Assemble" movie. Also taking part were the Firebrigade, the Police, the Coast Guard and St.Dunstan's home for Veterans who lost all or part of their sight in the services.

This year Georgie Sawyer from Cineworld has organised a day to raise money for Help For Heroes on Saturday February 16th. He asked if I could donate any Robot City material for the cause and I am very happy to do so. In fact I have decided to paint a Robot City picture especially for the event and donate the original artwork. I couldn't make up my mind between doing a picture of Curtis the Coast Guard Robot or one of the Robot City trains. Then it dawned upon me why I had to paint Curtis. Both my brothers used to be in the Army and they both served with the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers. As Fusiliers they both wore the red and white "Hackle" in their berets which is why I have decided to paint an image of Curtis the red and white striped Robot.

Here's the first very rough thumbnail sketch. Curtis is dragging ships back to harbour in a storm. I shall keep updating the progress of the painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment